Bodystudy (28) Playlist with movement proposals:
1. Touch yourself and let your body cuddle into your own touch.
2. Give your body impulses: direction, qualities, inspirations and follow/ answer with your body.
3. Give with different parts of your body weight to other parts of your body. Stay with the weight and let the other part come towards it.
4. Swing your body in all variations, combinations and intensities. Also while walking.
5. Sink in a bit (knees, pelvis in different combinations and variations, but always falling into the floor). Start walking/shifting from right/ left and stretch and reach out from different parts of the foot (toes, heels, edges, joint). Later also with both sides to the same time. It can go until knee and hip joints. Vary all possible combinations to bring you into space and movement, but never loose the bending position. All the upcoming movement comes only from the feet.
6. Push yourself out of the floor, light-footed, little light jumps. Little swings with your lower legs, but not to the end, stop very early and soft. Fast feet, ease. After a while you can transfer this quality also to your upper leg.
7. Let your body partially or fully sink into the floor, then align from the very bottom of the body up to the top by chain reaction (no breaks, no blocks).
8. Quality 1: Bumblebees in your arms move them and draw patterns into space/ air; quality 2: your legs are a swimming noodle and fold with little resistance shapes into space. Later: combine both.
9. Movement of shoulders and pelvis bring your spine into movement.
10. Use your gaze and the movement of your eyes and wander with the eyes to spot in the space. then catch this spot with your body. If you have this principle create shapes and figures with your gaze (head cn her, but it’s mainly eyes) and play with that: trace it with your whole body or body parts, catch them and bring them somewhere else in the space. Catch and use them by manipulating them, transform them (flatten, enlarge, fold, tilt over). You can embed your body in the shape/figure and act with that from there. Dance a duet with it.
11. Balance: always only on one leg. With focus on the free leg and pelvis creating in slow movement a statue, hold for a bit and transform soft and slowly to the next statue. Change legs once after a while.
12. Hands brush over the whole body surface, from top to toe, also bottom of the foot. The body follows naturally and receives with all attention your touch and realize the sensations that arise and let the body react if it wants:
Flat hands with weight and without letting space in-between hands and body
Flat hands very soft with air, but still touching the body the whip time.
Flat hands, but not touching the body at all, but feeling the energy that is moved by the hands.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Dorothea Eitel.